The Voxel Agents
Based in Melbourne, Australia
18th December, 2009
iOS - App Store
With the swipe of a finger, players deliver trains to their destinations, and collect experience points to progress through four iconic Australian locations. Each level introduces different traffic conditions; such as long-haul Gold Rush trains, broken tracks, and Ghost and Demon Trains. Train Conductor also introduces new elements to the genre with a time altering Fast Forward mechanic and score multiplier system.
In July 2009 we sat by the riverside and brainstormed more than 50 game ideas. We spent two weeks making six of them into very dirty prototypes. The murky train connecting gameplay concept shone very brightly and it was a group favourite to play, so we explored it further for two more weeks before we knew it was going to be absolutely awesome. We built it from scratch in four months, and it launched in December 2009.
- Innovative and Addictive - Deliver trains to the numbered tracks whilst avoiding disastrous collisions
- Complete Parallel Ghost World - Ghosts don't crash, but you must use your quick reflexes to connect them all!
- Challenging Scenarios - Play with Gold Rush Trains, Demon Trains, broken tracks and changing traffic conditions
- Gorgeous Australian Locations - Visit The Great Outback, Flinders St Melbourne and Sydney Harbour!
- Plus+ Leaderboards and Awards - Connect with your friends and challenge the world!
- 5 Million downloads on iOS
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Game Audio - Winner" Freeplay Festival, 2010
- "Best Game Design - Finalist" Freeplay Festival, 2010
- "Unmistakably addictive and delicately designed. You will love Train Conductor and it will reward you."
- Arsen Nazaryan, DIYgamer
- "Train Conductor is the best offering in the App Store right now."
- Daniel Hum, No D-Pad
- "The design is simply brilliant."
- Aldrin Calimlim, What's On iPhone
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Development Blog Posts
Behind the scenes of making Train Conductor. thevoxelagents.com.
About The Voxel Agents
The Voxels Agents create delightful games that unravel in surprising ways. Headquartered in Melbourne, the studio was founded in 2009 by Simon Joslin, Matthew Clark and Tom Killen to create games that kindle curiosity with a passion for highly focused gameplay. Among their accolades the studio and its games have been awarded for “Best Mobile Game”. “Best Game Audio”, and “Best New Business 2010” among others. The Voxel Agents first established their success with the release of Train Conductor and followed with Train Conductor 2 USA, Train Conductor World and Puzzle Retreat, with over 13 million global players enjoying Voxel Agent games. The team is set to release the highly anticipated title The Gardens Between in 2018.
More information on The Voxel Agents, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Train Conductor Credits